Book me, Dano!
Rick Cockrum, of Shards of Consciousness tagged me with a book meme. Okay, Rick. Here you go:
How many books do I have? A couple hundred.
What is the last book I read? Strategy and the Fat Smoker, by David Maister. It doesn't officially ship until January, but I'll be putting up a review soon! Quite possibly the only book on management you will ever need...
What is the last book I bought? A Crack in the Edge of the World, by Simon Winchester, one of my favorite authors. The story of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, as only the author of Krakatoa can tell it.
Five Meaningful Books:
- Are You Ready to Succeed, by Srikumar Rao. Incredibly powerful book that will change the way you look at life and the world.
- Critical Chain, by Eli Goldratt. You have probably read The Goal, but this (and It's Not Luck) are better. You will never look at a project plan the same again!
- Influence, by Robert Cialdini. If you can only read one of these books, get this one! It will change the way you look at how your brain works.
- The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles. I'm partial to this free audio version of a book that lays it out plain and simple. It's like Strategy and the Fat Smoker in that respect!
- Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson. A ripping yarn, magnificently written! Wonderful for all ages.
I don't tag people, but feel free to create your own answers to the questions!
posted by Mike at 5:09 AM