11/06/2007

Business Process Transformation Video

Several moons ago Troy Worman asked if anyone could recommend good process design books. I bloviated that I knew a thing or two about the subject and would grace y'all with my wisdom. I thought a video primer on the topic would be novel, and set about creating one.

My old boss Ray Fordyce used to say "He may not be too bright, but he makes up for it by being a slow learner".

Over the past couple of decades I've spent an inordinate amount of time designing and redesigning business processes. I've studied the work of the Japanese manufacturing masters and seen how their work could be adapted in corporate legal departments. I've learned secrets of Chilean political prisoners and Israeli creative masterminds. And I've synthesized them into a cohesive and straightforward system for business process transformation.

Normally I'd charge a premium for this kind of insight, but because I'm experimenting with new media, I'm going to ask you to watch the video (17 minutes) and give me some feedback. I guarantee it'll be time well spent for you, and I'll benefit from your comments. I look forward to hearing from you!


Online Videos by Veoh.com



posted by Mike at 9:10 PM


9 Comments:

Blogger Troy Worman said...

Mike! This is wonderful primer! Indeed. Awesome! And your delivery is stellar. I hope you will leave it online for some time. I would like to listen to it again in the relative serenity of my office.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Troy,

Thanks for the kind words. It's up to stay, so enjoy! I've got the material for the rest collected and organized, just not assembled and recorded, so if you have any suggestions, please send them along!

Mike

6:02 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Thanks for this course, I enjoyed it and anxiously expect part II.

I especially appreciated the way you have to make things interesting: there is "flesh on the bones" and not only general principles, as is often the case in process improvement literature.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Emmanuel,

Thanks for stopping by. The "general principles" flavor of much of the literature is what made me start this project in the first place.

Mike

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike,

For some odd reason the video ends at 1:59 mins. It does not load the rest of the content.

Mohit

2:50 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mohit,

It looks like the video is loading very slowly from veoh.com, but I was able to play the whole thing.

Mike

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm.. I will try again. Thanks for the reply. Do you have any good powerpoint slides to share for BPT?


Regards, Mohit

3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike,

My email is mohitgujral@gmail.com

Regards, Mohit

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Ed Koval said...

Mike,

This is great and will be a big help in a process tune-up session I'm holding at my company in February. Did you ever complete part 2?

Regards,

Ed Koval
ejko@aol.com

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home