12/04/2006

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

Is it just me, or do other people find e-mail chain letters irksome? I don't read them past the line that tells me what they are, and I don't forward them to eleventy-seven friends to avoid some bad juju.

So imagine my excitement when I got the blog equivalent from Troy Worman a few days ago:
"This meme has been circulating for some time. The idea is for the blogger (me) to reveal five things about myself that you may not already know."
If this were a chain letter, Troy would have no way of knowing that I blew him off, but he's bowled me a bit of a googly with this approach. The one piece of good news is that he left off the part where I need to tag other people when I'm done, and he is asking me to write about the world's most fascinating subject: me. [Note: okay, the world's most fascinating subject to me; you are the most fascinating subject to yourself.]

So here you go; don't say you weren't warned to look away before it got ugly:
  1. In high school, I set the school record in the pole vault (and ankle sprains)
  2. I am the proud father of 5 children, whose names all begin with the letter 'A'
  3. Hundreds of people have seen me dance on stage in the last three years
  4. I have witnessed two miracles
  5. I'm giving Troy nagging rites to help me finish a book that will help millions create dramatic, positive, lasting changes in the world
Well, there are a couple of conversation starters for the next time we meet, eh?



posted by Mike at 5:55 PM


8 Comments:

Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

Cool stuff! 5 very interesting things, especially 5 kids starting with A. Awesome (sorry, couldn't resist).

I have 2 brothers, and we all start with P (though Phil should start with F, don't you think?).

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Phil,

Thanks for stopping by! The last time I checked the Green Bay white pages had a listing for the "Fone Company" for people with your frame of mind! ;-)

Mike

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What 2 miracles? And would you please hurry up and finish the book! It may inspire others to get off their kiesters and write one as well, even if it won't "help millions create dramatic, positive, lasting changes in the world".

10:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi Bob,

Two medical miracles, one involving my second-oldest daughter, and one my grandmother. They weren't canonization fodder (those need to be instantaneous), but both left doctors scratching their heads, which is good enough for me! I'll blog those stories one of these days.

Please DO keep nagging me about the book! As for the "help millions..." if I aim high and miss, it'll still be something worth sharing with y'all.

Hope your family is well,

Cheers,

Mike

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, I'm totally with you on the whole chain mail/meme thing. Besides I felt like "everyone" had already done the 5 things thing so I couldn't bring myself to "pass it on" either.

Not that I mind writing about my favorite subject, mind you. ;)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Chris,

I may need to start a secret society or something...

I like hearing about your favorite subject, too!

Thanks for stopping by,

Mike

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
Re: #3, would those people say that was a good or a bad thing?

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Rob,

Luckily I was in a group with a bunch of really good dancers (my daughter included), and I was merely comic relief!

Mike

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home