Is it just me, or do other people find e-mail chain letters irksome? I don't read them past the line that tells me what they are, and I don't forward them to eleventy-seven friends to avoid some bad juju.
So imagine my excitement when I got the blog equivalent from Troy Worman a few days ago:
"This meme has been circulating for some time. The idea is for the blogger (me) to reveal five things about myself that you may not already know."If this were a chain letter, Troy would have no way of knowing that I blew him off, but he's bowled me a bit of a googly with this approach. The one piece of good news is that he left off the part where I need to tag other people when I'm done, and he is asking me to write about the world's most fascinating subject: me. [Note: okay, the world's most fascinating subject to me; you are the most fascinating subject to yourself.]
So here you go; don't say you weren't warned to look away before it got ugly:
- In high school, I set the school record in the pole vault (and ankle sprains)
- I am the proud father of 5 children, whose names all begin with the letter 'A'
- Hundreds of people have seen me dance on stage in the last three years
- I have witnessed two miracles
- I'm giving Troy nagging rites to help me finish a book that will help millions create dramatic, positive, lasting changes in the world
posted by Mike at 5:55 PM