8/02/2007

Shared Answers - How Do You Get Them To Believe Your ROI Projections?



Have you ever come up with a great idea and pitched it to customers and/or investors, only to have your financial justification picked apart like a carcass on the savanna?

Me, too!

And worse yet, if I was pitching to a group of people, they would each attack different assumptions or, worse, they would propose conflicting values for the same variable!

And sometimes, what I was proposing was unprecedented, and no one could really say what the right numbers were.

This problem vexed me for years, until I came up with the perfect solution! Want to know what it is?

Sorry, the rules of the contest say I have to answer the question in a different post. Check back later for the answer.

This post is an entry in the group writing project SharedAnswers07, hosted by Grow Your Writing Business and WritingThoughts. Click on either link to learn more or to participate yourself!

spoiler



posted by Mike at 7:29 PM


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
Great entry! Thanks for joining in our Shared Answers Group Writing Project. I know a lot of people are still mulling over their entries, but I think you were the first to post.

You have me intrigued now. Pitching is indeed an art, and I look forward to reading your solution.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi Yvonne,

The answer is in the can, but I'm waiting a little while to let suspense build!

Mike

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good entry Mike!

I can't wait to see your answer!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home