Halos and Horns
While working on Moonshot and Tsunamis, I was contemplating the change management / influence tools of the angels and devils that live on our shoulders (or in our heads). I tried to stratify elements of John Boyd's and Robert Cialdini's writings, and came up with this:
- Some of Cialdini's 6 tools of Influence didn't fit neatly in one camp. You will notice that some of them are the most powerful of the group.
- The 2 tools that do fit neatly into one category, fit the Horns.
- Initiative, Adaptability, and Harmony are the key elements of successful insurgent/counterinsurgent operations
- Uncertainty, Menace, and Mistrust are what those successful 'change agents' try to foment amongst their opponents. Too bad they show up in management practices so often.
- Implicit bonds are the key enabler of Initiative, Adaptability, and Harmony. How many corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) measure them?
- Images are Copyright 2007 Alchemy LLC
Does this list look right to you? What would you add?
posted by Mike at 12:23 PM