A while back when I first discussed the book More Space, one of the essays that intrigued me was Lisa Haneberg's Breakthrough Experiences:
"Those who have experienced and recognize breakthroughs know the specialness of these moments. Breakthroughs are like the rush of a turbo engine or the the joy that accompanies a mountain top epiphany. Breakthroughs help people produce amazing results. This essay explores several questions about breakthrough moments:It's a great read - or listen, since it's available in MP3 format too!
- What is a breakthrough, what does it look like?
- How well do people recognize breakthrough moments and does this matter?
- What are the characteristics of the moments before, during, and after, a breakthrough?
- What can we do to produce more breakthroughs?"
Since More Space was published, Lisa has created a Two Weeks to a Breakthrough Program and has an upcoming book with the same title. On the blog Lisa recently posted a webcast entitled: 10 Ways to Generate Breakthrough Results. This 26 minute audiovisual presentation discusses ten steps to generating breakthrough results as well as the daily practice steps for the "Two Weeks to a Breakthrough" program.
The ten steps include:
- Decide where you want to go
- Broadly share your goals
- Take time, don't make time (I love this distinction)
- Change your conversations
- Align your context for success
- Enroll evangelists
- Determine what and who you need to know
- Open up the floodgates to ideas and input
- Get into action. Try something.
- Make at least 5 requests per week
The daily practice steps are:
- Share - Tell 2 people
- Act - Take 2 actions
- Request - Make 2 requests
Intrigued? Check out the webcast:
You'll be glad you did!
Now if I could just work up the nerve to make those requests...
UPDATE: Welcome Business Innovation Insider readers, and thanks for stopping by! Feel free to check out some of my "best of" and recent posts if you have the time.
posted by Mike at 12:37 PM