5/15/2007

A Blogging Proposal

Dan at tdaxp is visiting Beijing, where he writes:
"Let's spend our lives together

I write many things, but I do not know how to write it.

I don't know how to say it.

And you know my voice -- you would not want me to try to sing it!

Unlike you I am not an artist. I cannot draw it or paint it.

More than I can write, say, sing, draw, or paint,

I love you.

Feifei,

Will you marry me?"


How did she respond? You'll have to look in the comments, naturally!

I never saw one of those before, but people do find the strangest ways to propose. Mine was with a fortune cookie. What stories of unusual proposals do you have?



posted by Mike at 5:23 PM


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike

Fortune cookie? That reminds me of a movie-picture - can't think of the name at the moment - where that went horribly wrong!? Hope that didn't happen to you?
Love the blog-proposal (and her reaction 'in style')

As for own stories, sorry, have to disappoint you there. Never been asked (or they whispered and I didn't hear)

Karin H. (Keep It Simple Sweetheart, specially in business)

3:39 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi Karin,

Everything went great, except for that moment of sheer terror when they brought out two fortune cookies and I wondered which one had the right fortune in it!

Mike

(They both did)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Robert Hruzek said...

I did it the old-fashioned way: asked her father for her hand, then got on one knee and "officially" proposed. (She'd already said "yes" privately some time before.)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Very nice, Bob! (especially the 'prequalification' step)

Mike

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home