5/05/2013

Learn to Pray the Rosary in Latin

This past Lent I decided to learn to pray the Rosary in Latin.  Years ago I heard a recording of Blessed John Paul II leading this prayer, and thought it would be great to be able to pray along with him.

Having never studied Latin, but having memorized the parts of Mass that we say in Latin, I figured I needed 3 things:

1) The Latin text of the prayers
2) A guide to pronunciation
3) Downloadable MP3s of the full Rosary in Latin

It took a lot of searching, but eventually I found the perfect resources.  Then, using the same skills needed to memorize something in English  I began to learn the prayers phrase-by-phrase, starting with the Ave Maria.  Once I thought I had that pretty well understood, I started using the downloadable recordings, along with the printed text to guide me.  If I hadn't memorized a prayer yet, I read it off my Kindle.  It took about a week of working with the prayers daily to get to where I only needed the text for the Credo, but if I can do it, so can you.

As for the Blessed John Paul II versions, they can be found here.  Unfortunately, they're not downloadable, but they are a great resource if you're online!

If you need help learning the Rosary in English, everything you need to know is on one printable page at NewAdvent.org.  My favorite English downloadable recordings are those of Elizabeth Scalia, who blogs as The Anchoress at Patheos.  The recordings can be found at the "Prayerful Podcasts" on the right sidebar.

Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis!



posted by Mike at 2:40 PM


2 Comments:

Anonymous Damian said...

Hey Mike,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for posting
The Science of Getting Rich the Binaural Beats
Version on YouTube, it has truely truely
helped advanced my mind in fully
understanding this amazing material and you have been the direct positive cause of all of that- so thank you again

Damian

5:04 AM  
Blogger Best Article Websites said...

I have no words to appreciate this post ..... I'm really impressed with this post .... The person who created this post was a big thank you man for sharing with us.
website development for companies

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home